Wednesday, April 17, 2013

& fridgey water.

The night before last I was getting frustrated again with the lid on the glass water bottle we use to store water in the fridge.

The wire keeps popping off and it takes four times as long to get myself a glass of water. I know what you're thinking. Worst .. bottle ...ever.. Right?

I dislike drinking tap water straight from the tap and insist on having a full bottle of cold water ready at all times.

( ok having a full bottle of cold water all the time is an ideal....think me screeching " if you use the last of the water fill it up and put it back in the fridge" twice a day.)

Anyway, this time I am frustrated with the cap of the bottle.

This is how the conversation went.

Me: " Hunna, why can't we just take the lid off this, it will make life so much easier"

Hunna: " The water will taste fridgey, water is like bananas.. It tastes like whatever its been next to if it doesn't have a lid on it"

( so, personally I've never tasted a banana that doesn't taste like a banana because technically bananas do have lids, its called a skin..

but chocolate that has been sitting next to onions in the cupboard is a different matter-

{ I hear you ask why a block of chocolate was in with the onions..I might've hidden it there because I didn't want to share..}

anyway, it tasted like onion so I've learnt my lesson... ... I hide it in with my food storage now.)

Me: Um..OK

( feeling doubtlful this is true but knowing if I just take the lids off he will complain forever that it tastes 'fridgey')

Me: Let's have a test, we have two bottles, I'll leave the lid off this one, and keep the lid on this one. When we get back from your parents we will have a blind taste test.

( 5 hours later, we get home and I pour the water into two separate glasses while he isn't looking )

Me: Ok. Which one tastes fridgey?

Hunna actually smells the water.. Yes, he actually smells it... ( I'm pointing this out because in my mind water does not smell) and then takes a sip from each glass.

Me: so does one taste funny?

Hunna: The left one.

Then Hunna does the same for me.

Admittedly I smell each one too. I don't know why. Water does not smell..

I take a sip from each glass and declare the right one to be the one that had the lid left off.

Turns out we were both wrong.

Needless to say, the lids came off both the bottles, although Hunna did insist "the water might not have been in long enough to go fridgey"

But I still don't believe him.

 

** add on:

Hunna said he said it was lemons not bananas. But who has ever eaten a lemon to know it doesn't taste lemony. This is even more unbelievable to me than bananas .. And lemons have skin lids too.

 

1 comment:

Simone Triffitt said...

Haha you crack me up. Water tastes awful if it has been in the fridge for too long!!