Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Dear Hunna

Today I miss you. Tomorrow I'll miss you more. It aches so much I think my heart might be too heavy for my chest to hold up anymore.

I am in denial. About how much I truly truly love you.

I pretend that it doesn't matter you work so much. That its nice just to see you when you sneak into bed next to me late at night after a big day at work.

And that since we don't see each other much these days anyway-- that being away for four whole weeks would be easy.

It's not.

I miss your cuddles.

How the weight of your body makes a dip in the mattress that I fall into when we sleep next to each other and consequently waking up all hot and sweaty even in the middle of winter because your body is always set on toastier than black toast.

I miss your constant and even deep breathing lulling me to sleep.

I even miss your alarm going off ten times at 4am cause you reset it to snooze every 8 minutes.

How you bump into things while getting dressed cause you keep the light off to let me sleep.

I don't miss hearing the truck start up and idle down the drive, but I do miss the excitement I feel when I hear it idling back into its spot at the end of the day.

So here's to us and our forever. I can't wait to hear the sound of your truck idling up Mums drive soon.

I'll see you in 2.5 weeks dearest.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I know how you feel. I feel the same way every time my husband is away!

Nettie's Blog said...

so cute....so romantic....what have you asked for for Christmas hey??????